Reporting to the Director of Portfolio Management, the Portfolio Manager will be responsible for interacting with developers and investors regarding all asset management functions.
His/her responsibilities will include:
- All functions related to the management of a portfolio of affordable housing tax credit assets, including properties in the following lifecycles: construction, pre-stable, stable and watchlist. Functions include: construction monitoring, calculating tax credit adjusters, lease up monitoring, tax credit compliance (in conjunction with in-house expert), facilitating permanent loan conversions, review of financial data (including budgets, monthly & quarterly financial results, and annual audits & tax returns), insurance monitoring (in conjunction with third party monitoring firm), etc.;
- Preparation of property reports for internal and investor purposes;
- Performing real estate site visits;
- Overseeing capital contributions for assigned properties; and
- Contributing to the company’s efforts with fulfillment of its proprietary database.
Job Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Accounting or other relevant areas of study is preferred;
- Minimum five years directly related experience;
- Affordable Housing Tax Credit experience and expertise;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel;
- Excellent communication, decision making, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of working independently within an overall asset management group;
- Attention to detail, thorough and results driven; and
- Commitment to Company Core Values