ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare Conceptual Budgets / Negotiated Pre-Construction Agreements.
- Attend pre-construction meetings, bring on Design Build trades and provide input on constructability and design solutions in relation to cost effectiveness.
- Reconcile budget estimates with pricing updates and contract values.
- Coordinate meetings with Field Operations to determine constructability, perform detailed concrete take-offs and calculate pricing using various sources.
- Work closely with material and equipment suppliers.
- Manage Negotiated and Hard Bid process as the Lead Estimator for various projects.
- Review bid documents for accuracy, completeness and special project requirements.
- Set-up trades, proposed subcontractor list and project description in Building Connected.
- Generate RFIs for plan and specification discrepancies.
- Attend client pre-bid meetings, visit project site and assess site constructability.
- Coordinate job walks and discuss project with key trades for accurate pricing.
- Assign trades and oversee other estimators work / assist other Lead Estimators as a trade analyzer on their projects.
- Work with construction team to identify trade specific scope of work, and generate accurate scheduling.
- Prepare General Conditions pricing for management of the project.
- Review and analyze / qualify all sub proposals to ensure a complete scope of work.
- Utilize On-Screen Take-off for quantity survey and/or overlay of drawings.
- Review take-off quantities generated by other Estimators and trade subcontractors.
- Prepare final Bid Package for submission to client including review of marketing materials, creation of proposal letter and estimate summary.
- Provide value engineering ideas to clients.
- Prepare GMax Bid Book and meet with client to review pricing.
- Review project status during course of construction for lessons learned and budget tracking.
Minimal travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or other related field required or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in use of On-Screen Take-off.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently estimate construction costs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work effectively on an individual basis, as well as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.