- Manage all aspects of capital improvement projects and rehabilitation projects of affordable housing or Authority-owned
- Manage all aspects of rehabilitation projects of affordable housing units or Authority facilities; including working interdepartmentally and with 3rd party property management to determine priorities, coordinate design and scope (including methods to meet affordable housing program requirements such as sustainability, ADA, and unit mix issues), contracting, negotiating with
contractors, regulators and other interested parties; comply with regulations, assist in the process of solicitations for consultants, developers, and contractors, and tracking of budgets, monitoring construction, reviewing all billing, reporting, and all other steps in the construction process.
- Analyze current operations, inventory, and maintenance records at property, as needed, to develop priorities for scope of work in terms of equipment lifecycle, operation costs, frequency of repair, energy efficiency and other needed
- Collect, compile, and analyze housing development programs information from various sources; prepare reports which present and interpret data; identify options and alternatives; make and justify recommendations on the construction and physical requirements. Supports the assigned Housing Development Department Senior Project Manager with application items regarding construction costs, and construction and physical requirements.
- Reviews and supports the completion of applications for funds and/or loans; pursues new or alternate financing and other resources for project funding including private and public sources; assists in assuring that a viable financing plan is approved for each project.
- Develop and prepare a variety of applications for project developments including rezoning applications, permits, maps and documents on housing rehabilitation operations and activities; submit documents to local jurisdictions for
- Reviews and oversees the preparation and dissemination of Requests for Proposals or Qualifications, responds to questions and inquiries from respondents; evaluates proposals and makes recommendations to Senior Management, and the Board of
- Assists in the process of requests for proposal for consultants, analyze proposals; participate in the selection of appropriate contractor for services. Work with other Agency staff to review, analyze and administer contract, and negotiate contract terms for services to be
- Directs, monitors, and evaluates the work of assigned consultants and contractors according to the Authority's standards and pertinent agreements/contracts; assists in the development of appropriate contract language; provides clear, concise, and consistent direction; acts as a resource and Authority representative to consultants and contractors regarding administrative and operational policies, procedures, and
- Participates in the development, administration, and monitoring of assigned project budget(s) and fiscal activities; tracks expenditures; projects future funding needs; helps to identify appropriate and available funding sources; responds to questions regarding appropriate uses of funding; maintains relevant records and
- Develops and implements Section 3 programs and Davis Bacon/State of California labor compliance programs as Prepares and submits reports and documents as needed.
- Conduct regular construction site inspections of development projects and provide guidance on difficult inspections, construction problems, or construction related negotiations or mediation. Maintain necessary communications with building and rehabilitation inspectors.
- Conduct regular construction update meetings with onsite property management staff and provide guidance on safety, maintenance, timeline, tenant relocation, and construction problems. Maintain necessary communications with third party property management, Asset Management, and the Portfolio Management
- Prepare and submit necessary project reports to funding and regulatory agencies and ensure compliance with current regulatory
- Prepares, reviews, and presents staff reports, various management and information updates, and reports on assigned programs and special projects to a variety of committees, the Board, and the general
- Assist in the resolution of conflicts between project consultants and contractors, tenants and the local community of the prospective and developing project
- Close out rehabilitation construction projects by obtaining all final permits, as-built plans, close out reports on sustainability, toxic substances and Assure that warranty binder is complete and that property management staff, Asset Management and the Portfolio Management team have been trained on warranty timelines and processes. Provide final required documents to fulfill placed-in service requirements for funding sources (including signed – off permits, consultant closure reports, commissioning reports, etc.).
- Provide technical support to the Housing Development Department, to answer technical construction management questions by researching and interpreting applicable policies and
- Respond after hours to major construction or building related emergencies. Other staff are assigned to routine after hours response.
- Performs other duties as
Education and Experience:
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university plus a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in construction project management or multifamily property management with a strong emphasis on renovation/major Experience in contract management and procurement of construction services is required. Experience in an affordable housing and public procurement setting is preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver’s License by time of Must be able to be insured under Authority’s owned automobile insurance policy.
- Current or prior general contractor license (CA) is preferred but not
- Assist in developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures, work standards, and internal controls for the department and assigned program
- Assist in preparing and administering large and complex budgets; allocate limited resources in a cost effective manner.
- Write a comprehensive scope of work for competing vendors to bid during the RFP/RFQ process.
- Analyze complex bids and contracts as they pertain to the procurement process and prepare and provide reports on competing
- Effectively administer a variety of programs and administrative
- Interpret, apply, explain, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Evaluate and develop improvements in operations, procedures, policies, or