The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of multiple entities. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, and corporate deal analysis and negotiations. The CFO will work in tandem with current Finance Director and staff accountant. However, it has become apparent we need a team member to focus on the strategic use/deployment on our resources.
With ongoing growth of the development and construction entities, the organizations are in need of additional assistance with strategic leadership regarding financial planning, tax analysis and planning, etc. Ultimately, this individual will be responsible to building an accounting/finance team to monitor projects in various regions of the country.
- Tax direction/planning for all entities: two development companies, two construction companies
- Create systems for tracking revenue/expenses at construction costs
- Present construction profitability analyses to company executives
- Understand opportunities for tax savings/treatment – depreciation, interest, capital investments.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Responsible for timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Provide President with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Property refinancing – assist and provide direction to AMs with tracking loan maturities and review proposed refinance options and assist with loan closings
- Asset sales – assist and provide direction to AMs and consult with Development team with sales, BOV, sales proceeds, tax implications.
- Distributions – tracking of annual cash flow distributions from portfolio properties.
- Partnership agreements – review partnership documents for potential tax issues/opportunities.
- Understand and communicate the tax and financial impact of timing and receipt of development fees and construction profit as well as potential seller financing opportunities.
- Understand and communicate the tax and financial treatment of project level subordinate financing on all related entities.
- Assist in the review and approval of prospective projects plan of financing
- Developing systems of accounting and job costing.
- Strategic tax and financial planning for growing construction companies.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of liquidity and net worth requirements required to retain sufficient ongoing construction bonding capacity.