Under the direction of the Senior Vice President and as a member of our National Sales Team, an originator is primary responsible for the identification, qualification, and negotiation with potential developers for properties which meet the established equity acquisitions criteria throughout the US. These properties will or have qualified for tax credits under Section 42 for Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC). Responsibilities will include:
- Generate, structure, model, and negotiate LIHTC investments through Letter of Intent (LOI) phase of the transaction.
- Responsible for marketing and originating LIHTC investment.
- Distribute marketing material and other information via e-mail, telephone, regular us mail, and/or personal meeting.
- Work with acquisitions team on the coordination of due diligence and deal issues.
Monitor on-going market condition and economic factors, which will influence future conditions.
$120,000 - 175,000 based on experience, plus commissions/bonus
- Position requires at least 3+ yrs experience in LIHTC with solid understanding of real estate development concepts, and affordable housing field (i.e. HUD, Sec 42, Sec 8, LIHTC), and a proven track record of originating LIHTC equity.
- Must have an ability to perform financial analysis of the transaction.
- Knowledge of key aspects of real estate development, finance, property due diligence, and Section 42.
- Experience in underwriting and structuring real estate projects in the low income housing tax credit (LIHTC) field or commensurate work related experience including public subsidies, other affordable housing programs considered a plus.
- Ability to initiate and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with team members, government agencies, consultants, lenders, investors, and developers.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Must be willing to travel 50% of time.
- Must be sales and goal oriented with excellent client and public presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, highly attentive to detail and able to perform tasks with limited supervision in a time sensitive work environment.
- Good independent judgment is extremely important and the ability to make quick decisions is required.
- Computer literacy and experience working with Microsoft Office and Adobe software programs.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Imanage experience, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- MBA degree in finance, real estate development, urban planning, affordable housing, or related field preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in finance, real estate development, urban planning, affordable housing, or related field.