- Coordinate ordering a Market Study from approved list of market study providers.
- Complete a detailed review of the Market Study. Coordinate with Acquisitions (deal team) on comments/corrections, and follow-up with the third party provider to ensure all comments and questions are resolved in the final report.
- If deemed necessary, conduct an underwriting site visit prior to the Credit Committee meeting to evaluate the specific site location and/or property, if existing real estate, and visit tax credit and market rate comparable properties.
- Complete the revenue/rent and operating expense analysis based on key due diligence such as the market study, appraisal, rent rolls, comparable data, utility allowances, loan documents, tax credit application, etc.
- Review all documents related to resident social services (e.g. contracts, budgets, etc.) in order to provide a cohesive narrative regarding the on and off-budget service expense and contracts.
- Communicate with Acquisitions (deal team) regarding questions developed during the underwriting process, ensuring that all questions are resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Communicate with the Director | Underwriting regarding any material questions or concerns developed through the underwriting process.
- Participate in internal committee meetings as needed.
- Participate in transition/hand-off meetings with Portfolio Management.
- Participate in annual review of the stabilized operating portfolio, providing insight on potential areas of concern that could influence current underwriting standards.
- Coordinate with Acquisitions on any underwriting post-closing follow-up.
- BS in Finance, Accounting or other related field.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in the affordable housing industry, with prior asset management experience considered a plus.
- Knowledge of multifamily real estate underwriting and property level accounting is preferred.
- Demonstrable passion for supporting a growth organization; hands-on approach with high integrity and desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- Collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service focus.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding analytic and organizational skills, a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Well organized and self-directed individual, as well as a team player.
- Ability to draw connections between different disciplines.
- Ability to travel 10-20%
Perks and benefits:
We’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and strive to create an inclusive environment that fosters and celebrates both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Offer full medical, dental, and vision, and pay 100% of your premiums for medical and dental.
- Life insurance and short and long term disability.
- Generous PTO and company paid holidays.
- Parking, transit and dependent care FSAs.
- Combination working from home and office.
- Ongoing learning and development.
- 401k +match.
- Parental leave.
- Half Day Fridays.